Friday, February 25, 2005

The Great Lion

I have this one young man in my youth group that's probably smarter than me. Actually most of them are smarter than me. But this dude goes to skool for above average kids. Anyway, he has a rad family and i was there for supper one nite and we were checking out his room and i saw the Chronicles of Narnia there. He has all 7 books in one freaking huge book. incredibly i know. It's almost 800 pages. So he told me that since i had never been so fortunate, i should borrow the book. I am excited to say that i am loving it. Not McDonald's (though i just ate lunch there with other jr youth). The books - they rock. I know i shoulda read them about 15 years ago but i didn't. And now i am.
So for those of you who have yet to read them i'm going to let you to my world. C.S. Lewis is the author and the books are about a magical land called Narnia. My favorite character is named Aslan - the beautiful, terrifying, magical, and awesome lion. Lewis portrays Aslan with a lot of the characteristics that we would attribute to God and it's just soo darn cool how he brings them into the books. I want to tell you about all of them but i just don't want this blog to be too long and frankly i think you should read the books yourself. I'm definitely buying them for my children, when that fine day come that i do in fact have children.
Just know that i love Jesus and i think it's cool how Lewis uses a lion named Aslan in a children's fantasy book to illustrate what Jesus means to him. I can't wait to finish all the books.
k, that's today's episode of who want to.... i got nothing...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is definately about reed isnt it? I think its funny how reed said you know 17% of statistics are wrong? Then i said you know that that's a statistic? Anyway's i cant believe that you have never read that series before! Awesome blog by the way.

1:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home