Thursday, March 24, 2005

goin' down momma's boy

Over the last little while I have noticed that when engaged in an activity I have made a conscious effort to taunt my opponent. In fact, I have found that this makes things more competitive and therefore more enjoyable.

For instance, this last weekend at encounter we decided that a riveting game of floor hockey was in order. Someone piped up that we should play boys vs the girls. I know the girls are superior athletes so to even the teams I volunteered to play for the girls so I wouldn’t bring down the boys’ team. I proceeded to call on the boys’ team, especially Glen and Tyson. Though they ended up winning, I sure had fun taunting. It just puts more on the line. And yeah, maybe in the end I look like a donkey (insert synonym here), but if someone’s going to look like a donkey I’m ok if it’s me. At least everyone else had just a little more fun.

In a couple of hours I’m going to talk about jr youth last nite. It was a good one

2 Comments:

Blogger kristin janzen said...

if anyone's a mommas boy its YOU!

3:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taunting is fun. I love it. As long as it remains all in good fun. If it goes beyond the fun zone and goes into the annoying zone then that's not so good.:) Oh yeah...and nice sarcasm on the girls being excellent athletes and you not wanting to bring the boys team down. haha Well played.

11:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home