Saturday, March 26, 2005

Rob Lagrove Profile

Rob Lagrove. You need to learn about ol’ bobby boucher. That’s what I called him sometimes. Rob is a great man. I can honestly say there is no one like him – not even close. I met him in the fall of ’98 as we both started bible skool. He was from Brockville, Ontario and had previously attended Eastern Pentecostal Bible College (it’s called something else now). I think he had been kicked out once or twice from that college. (man, I love him).

So when Rob came to us he had a girlfriend back home – Cindy. Oh, so many stories about Rob and Cindy that could be told. ‘teddy bear out the window’, ‘five-minute warning’, and ‘quiet time’ are just some of the Robert Lagrove/Cindy Osmond stories that could be told.

He eventually broke up with Cindy and proceeded to break the hearts of other CPC girls. The thing is, Rob isn’t the most attractive man, but for some reason the ladies liked him. Rob is one of the most kind-hearted guys I’ve ever met. He’d bend over backwards and give you the shirt off his back if it’d help. My favorite shirt of his is the one he wore under his dress shirts. It was a tight white t-shirt that’s cut off below his pectorals (or man-boobs). Seeing him in that shirt made me laugh everytime. We were roommates for 3 months and we had cool red bunkbeds. Rob was on the bottom and I got the top. There was one month where Robbie was so sick… we called him Sirus the Virus (like on the movie Con Air. John Malcovich is awesome). Jamie was sure I was going to get sick too but I managed to stay healthy.

Rob is now married to Tracy and I had the honor of being a groomsman at his wedding. I do love him dearly!

Just over a week till opening day

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

one can only hope.... i really is a true honor to know rob

3:22 PM

 
Blogger Courtney said...

I was thinking about Rob and Tracy the other day. I met them in my first year of Bible college. I hope they are doing ok. God bless them.

and you too, Pastor Kevin.

7:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup Rob. Cool beans.

12:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home