Thursday, April 28, 2005

less than splendid

What do I know today? Come to think of it… what do I know any day? This is what I know. I’m getting to be early, getting lots of sleep, and I’m incredibly tired. What the heck is going on? Kenyan Joe only sleeps 3 or 4 hours a night and he seems to have lots of energy. He says the reason I’m tired is cuz I’m white. I bet that if we did a study we’d find that whiteys are lazier than most other people around the world. Joe’s a good guy.

What’s with the freaking cold weather?? I’m not enjoying it. Are you? Likely not. Bring on the summer. The other day we were supposed to have baseball practice and I was foolish enuf to think that it wasn’t that cold. Many others on the team were not as foolish as I. Daniel, Tyson, and Ronnie all showed up too. After only about 10 minutes of throwing we decided that it was insanity. Dan wanted to pitch a bit and Tyson has never faced a baseball curve ball so I strapped on the gear and Dan pitched to me and Tyson took a few swings. By the looks of it we may have 7 guys who can pitch this year. That’s pretty freaking good if you ask me. Now we just need to develop those arms and give them all a chance to throw as often as possible. That’s quite hard when you only play a couple of games a week.

So after a little while Dan looked pretty good and we were all so cold so Tyson had us over to sit in his hot tub for a bit. That’s the way to go. I want a hot tub someday. If any of you want to buy me one, let me know at we’ll make arrangements.

I miss my girlfriend. She’s been gone for a few days. Sarah, come visit me please…. Thanks.

About the comments… I didn’t necessarily want that last blog to get 20 comments. I merely want a blog someday to receive 20 comments. That’d be nice, wouldn’t it? That’s why whenever I read someone’s blog I comment on it. Even if it’s a lame comment, at least they know I appreciate them and I was there. That’s what it’s all about. I just wanna know you’re here.

Tomorrow I move in with Matthew and Phil as the Eagles are taking flight… hehe. Kristin is off to Prague and Blaine and Anne are off to Romania. I’m looking forward to 12 days chillin’ with the boys. It should be a great time. Party time on Nesslin Crescent. Maybe this will prepare me for fatherhood. Not that that’s going to happen any time soon, but still. I do want to have a family within the next decade.
K, I’m done. Leave a comment and have a great life.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Differntial Diagnosis of fatigue/daytime somnelence (sleepiness)
a) sleep restriction
b) obstructive sleep apnea
c) decompensated anemia secondary to:
- nutritional deficiency (iron, B12, folate..)
- occult blood loss (ie: GI bleed)
- hemolytic (destruction of red blood cells)
d) low grade chronic infection
e) decreased stimulation of recticular activating system
f) inadequate activity

Caution: this ddx was generated by a med student and cannot be certified. For an official diagnosis please contact your regular physician.

6:55 PM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

haha good one Lauren. thanks!!!

7:22 PM

 
Blogger kristin janzen said...

Man it's a good thing I'm not studying to be a doctor, I am simply just not that smart.

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I am suprised that you of all people would like it!

Anyhow, a few house rules:

i)No girls allowed. not for you, not for phil (especially not for phil), and matt... well actually if he could get a girl over, let him. that would be so cute!
ii)My room could really use a good vaccuum if you wouldn't mind.
iii)Don't let the boys drive my car. Hah, actually let them, because they will run out of gas, like I did today at Wal-Mart. That would teach them a lesson for driving without a licence!
iv)Milk at our house does not require ice.
v)the kitchen table does not get cleaned with a vacuum. use a cloth. and don't try to deny that you have never done this!

i hope my rules/tips will help make your stay a little bit nicer!

7:43 PM

 
Blogger carramrod said...

7 pitchers!?!? I don't think I've ever been on a team with 7 pitchers before. As in Hamiota Red Sox tradition, we usually like top go with the good old 2-man rotation and throw in a 16 year old to finish up every once in a while. I did enjoy being that 16 year old back in the day.
Anyways, good luck fellow baseball dude, and I'll try to post updates on the progress of the Hamiota Red Sox as the season progresses.

10:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home