Saturday, April 02, 2005

Rocky II - kev notes

So judging from your lack of commenting, I guess the Rocky notes were not popular amongst you folk. Well, you should’ve at least left a negative comment saying you never wanted to hear about Rocky again cuz I sure didn’t learn my lesson.

Rocky and Adrian got married. Yay. Rocky got an endorsement deal, spent lots of money, but then sucked at acting (he’s a little slow). So he needed money. Works at the gym. Adrian gets her job at the pet store back…. Whoa, Adrian’s pregnant!

Meanwhile, back in the hood, (no not really the hood, I just felt like writing that) Apollo Creed is getting hate mail cuz they thought the match was fixed. Lots more hate mail. Apollo wants a rematch but Rocky is retired and Adrian likes it like that. Even if they’re not rich, she’d rather have Rocky not lose his brain. Finally, Apollo puts an ad in the paper calling Rocky the Italian Chicken. Rocky doesn’t like that. Nope not at all. So, against the will of Adrian, Rocky agrees to fight. Apollo’s talking trash like nobody’s business, saying he’ll knock Rocky out in two rounds.

Rocky trains lots. Adrian delivers the baby premature and enters into a coma. Uh-oh. Rocky blames himself, quits training. Eventually Adrian wakes up and makes one request… BEAT HIM! Rocky’s eyes light up. Lots more training, running up the steps again to the good music. In the training, Mac (or whoever the trainer is) tells him to box right handed to mess with Apollo. At the trainer’s signal he’s switch to left and really throw Apollo for a loop. During the match it didn’t seem to mess Apollo up at all as Rocky got tuned for most of the match. Apollo beat him like a rented mule. Through 14 rounds Apollo had the decision in nearly all of them. All he needed to do was stay standing and he’d win. But he thought he needed to knock Rocky out. So he attacked Rocky and Rocky fought back. With every ounce of strength he fought back. Rocky punched him or something and both of them were on the mat. By the count of 8 Rocky finally climbed back to his feet and Apollo collapsed. The impossible had happened!!! Rocky was the champ.

K, so I really thought the kev notes for Rocky II were going to be a lot shorter but it doesn’t really appear so. Maybe I’ll watch Rocky III tonite. Then I’ll find that line that Angie was talking about.

Happy Birthday Amanda (it was yesterday but I didn’t blog yesterday and therefore did not have the opportunity to say so yesterday).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't comment on your post about Rocky because I have seen the movie (actually I own it), so I didn't really feel the need to comment. Thankyou very much though for ruining the other ones for me. Thuper, just thuper. :P

4:18 PM

 
Blogger kristin janzen said...

how dare you tell me my paragraph about TV is boring when you go and write TWO BLOGS about a dumb movie!!!! :)

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

its two dumb movies!!

6:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh..and thanx for remembering my birthday and posting about it on your blog. I felt really special when I read that. Just wanted to let you know.

10:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home