Friday, May 06, 2005

friday

GOOD MORNING!

I dont really have time to blog today, yet here i am. so it'll just be a quick one today. Me and 24 others are heading out to Caronport for Junior Youth Convention 2005. oooo, should be fun. it's a really great time. it's only one night and they pack out the two days with tonnes of fun stuff for the youth. hopefully we come back big winners like last year. We came back with the XBOX for the youth group and another kid won a Riders jersey. that was 2 out of the 4 major prizes. when i was growing up i always hated it when the bigger youth groups won everything.... and now here i am.....

so the reason for this quick blog is this... Sarah and i have been going through a devotional book. Throughout the week we do the devos on our own and then at the end of the week we discuss the stuff. it's great cuz it's gives us a more intentional excuse to challenge each other in our faith. so this week's devotions are on Prayer and yesterday i read the first one and it challenged me sooo much. but instead of preaching to you, i'll just give you some quotes.

'Next to the wonder of seeing my Savior will be, I think, the wonder that I made so little use of the power of prayer.' - D.L. Moody

'Prayer doesn't change God, but it changes him who prays.' - Soren Kierkegaard


'The most important thing about you is what you think about God.' - A.W. Tozer

'Mind how you pray. Make real business of it. Let it never be a dead formality.' - Charles Spurgeon

i especially liked this last one. it's so easy sometimes for Christianity to turn into religion - dead formalities!

peace

happy mothers day

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenna said...

I liked the first one the best. Sometimes I forget how powerful prayer is and I think I would pray a lot more if I could just grasp the concept a little better. Anyway, I appreciate your blogs always.

12:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home