Thursday, August 11, 2005

sports etc

i just lost my post and im quite disappointed. Not that i really wrote anything of much substance, but still, that's besides the point. my heart still sank when it happened. i continued my sports monologue from a couple of weeks ago.

MLB - my predictions are doing great so far.

NHL - some may not know this about me, but NHL hockey has bored me to tears over the last couple of years. i still like hockey - the world juniors, olympics, etc. just not NHL. the league having 30 teams has been watered down with way too many bad hockey players.
but the events of the last few weeks have been intriguing, leaving some reason for optimism.
I'm quite excited to see Todd Bertuzzi back. He's such a big teddy bear and i hope he can come back to his peak performance quite quickly.

NBA - who really cares? not this guy!

NFL - Football, je t'adore! i am ventureing into the world of fantasy sports this football season. Darryl is putting a league together so i'm looking forward to that. if you want a piece give him an email.

CFL - ok so the Blue Bombers aren't great. but i'd still rather cheer for them than the riders. the Lions look great, and the Eskimos are right on their heels.

That's about all for the sports that matter. oh yeah, and curling. can't wait for that!

But now the stuff that really matters: the last couple of weeks have been great. i was in winnipeg with Sarah for about 5 days. i think i have a crush on her. mmm, yes i just checked and it's confirmed.
then mom and dad came to saskatoon to help me shop for a place of residence. we're still working on that one.
and then monday we're taking off for the missions trip to LA. but i should post again before departure. until then my friends...

7 Comments:

Blogger Faith said...

You guys are leaving on monday???
thats awsome, still wish I could have come lol, but hey I am going To L.A. in a few weeks with a bunch of freinds

9:05 PM

 
Blogger Jenna said...

yes that was a lot of sports. but i am still glad to see you posted.

9:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bert is my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes Shawn does know about my cursh on him...he hear's about everytime his name is mentioned!!! I am super excited to see hockey back...go NUCKS go!!

2:07 PM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

great enthusiasm Lisa, it's great to see

2:39 PM

 
Blogger Faith said...

yeah gotta love those Canuks,one of my favorites. One ting I think is funny is that manitoba is trying to buy back their team from pheonix, tsk tsk..thats what I heard anyway

2:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kev how it going? Well Kelly-Anne left a blog on you July 12 blog so check it out. Flames are still going to take the stanyley. GO Iginla and Amonte

8:04 PM

 
Blogger Tyler said...

Well man I must admit i skimmed the sport stuff, but I hope you had a good time with your girl man! You are such a good dude!

Ty

6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home