Saturday, March 05, 2005

good morning san francisco

i feel like it's really early and i should be on one of those talk morning radio shows. the ones with the guys with really good radio voices. But really, it's not that early. Sometimes i pretend that i'm an announcer and that's fun. And sometimes as i'm about to step onto the ice, and my adrenaline's pumping (see last blog for more on adrenaline), i say, "here come your winnipeg jets" and then i fly onto the ice and wanna be just like teemu. I miss the Jets. Yesterday i watched the Teemu Selanne video with my new girlfriend. It's about half an hour of him scoring goals. It's really a beautiful thing. It had been a while since i had seen it and now i think i'll watch it everyday... no i wont. that'd be a waste of time. But i will watch it more frequently.

Graham still isn't here. and he's usually early. hopefully he's ok...

(in my cool radio voice) Nine teams..... one goal..... to rise above the rest..... to climb that mountain..... to be be the best! Last night the church league playoffs started with the 1st E Flames playing host to the Mount Royal Mustangs. It was an exciting game from start to finish. Halftime saw both goalies unbeaten but the confidence was apparent on the 1st E bench. James Hindmarch scored a huge short-handed goal to break the goose egg. They then responded with goals by Daniel Jeanson, Kevin Janzen and Bryce Kinzel. It was a tight checking, chippy affair ending with a fight. Hindmarch dropped his mitts but i fear he got the short end of this fight. And the worst part is that he's now suspended for 7 games. That's going to hurt. But the Flames press on tonight as they face the #1 seeded Rock of Ages...

Graham still isn't here.... maybe i should see what's up.... for a second i was wondering if it was even saturday, or maybe it was 10:00 yet... but apparently it is. good thing there's no customers.

I'd like to say to my momma. You're the best mom.

7 Comments:

Blogger kristin janzen said...

Hey Kevin, I have a few things to say. First of all, I am happy that you followed my lead and added paragraphs to your blog. I especially like it because the parts about sports I can just skip altogether, now that it's all organized into a nice paragraph. So thank you for that. Second of all, I liked the larger font a lot. Thirdly, you're a GREAT blogger!

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

oh kristin, you're too generous

11:43 AM

 
Blogger kristin janzen said...

Aren't I?

12:54 PM

 
Blogger normanvanashley said...

Well Kevy... you like your sports, glad you guys won! Hey is James Hindmarsh on the 1st E team? Because I know a James Hindmarsh... ask him if you used to go to Lakeview Free Methodist! Oh and guess what, the Rock of Ages, my mom grew up in that church... what a small world Saskatoon is eh? Well I enjoyed your blog, and I appreciate that you have a new one every morning for me to read! Its fantastic!

3:07 PM

 
Blogger Scout said...

ahaha, I talked to James last night, he said he ended up in a fight he didn't really want to be in and was pretty mad at himselff. He also said he got beat...but not extremely bad...You play with pexa then to...I didn't know you plaed with them...that's cool

7:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin,
I had so much fun reading your blogs. Wow - you are a great blogger. Thanks so much for the comment meant only for me. You just made my DAY!!!!!
As far as the colors go - I like the yellow, green, and purple, but by far i prefer the blue. You know with my old aging eyes, they can't see some of the other colors too well, The paragraphs are a great idea though - you know - the double spacing and all that - but I don't really care what it looke like - no matter what I'll read every word of it anyway. This was the first thing I did this morning - it's not even 8:00 yet.
I love you tonnes. Momma

7:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin,
I had so much fun reading your blogs. Wow - you are a great blogger. Thanks so much for the comment meant only for me. You just made my DAY!!!!!
As far as the colors go - I like the yellow, green, and purple, but by far i prefer the blue. You know with my old aging eyes, they can't see some of the other colors too well, The paragraphs are a great idea though - you know - the double spacing and all that - but I don't really care what it looke like - no matter what I'll read every word of it anyway. This was the first thing I did this morning - it's not even 8:00 yet.
I love you tonnes. Momma

7:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home